65th Founding Anniversary of Kapatagan was celebrated with a new stamp issue
Kapatagan was formerly a part of Kolambugan, it existed as municipal district from 1939 to 1948. Kapatagan later became a larger municipality July 5, 1949 by Virtue of Executive Order No. 273.
The town's name was derived from the Visayan word patag meaning "plain" or valley. Kapatagan is a municipality in the province Lanao Del Norte in Region X Northern Mindanao which belongs to the Mindanao group of islands.
Administratively, the Municipality of Kapatagan is subdivided into 33 barangays. One barangay seats at the center of the city, whereas, the other 32 barangays are in the outlying areas. Some of them are even several kilometers away from the center of the Municipality.
Cathedral Falls that is depicted on a stamp is commonly called as Cathedral falls, is located 2 kilometers away from Barangay Poblacionand is accessible by all types of vehicles since the road leading to this majestic falls. Cathedral Falls is so-called due to its majestic formation of rocks resembling designs of a famous cathedral, through which the cascading water from upstream Barangay Kidalos is flowing.